Wednesday 26 March 2014

Birthday cheer!...

Ok, last one for today, I promise!!

This card still uses the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, however it's a different theme...


I was lucky enough to win over at STAMPlorations last month which meant I got to choose TWO stamp sets!!  Can anyone say 'excited'?!!!  Anyway, I couldn't choose just two, so I ended up buying another one while I was there...when in Rome and all that ;)  This card is made solely using STAMPlorations stamps - I love them!!  

How beautiful are those Art Deco cubes?!  I'm a bit of a sucker for flourishes, swirls and details and even more of a sucker for symmetry - how could I resist these bad boys?!  

Everything on this card is heat embossed.  It was a bit tricky to get all of the rainbow colours onto the sentiment before the ink dried too much, but I had already planned which colour was going where before I stamped so I had a head start :)

I'm pleased with how this turned out and I'm hoping that it counts for The Card Concept challenge that is currently ongoing to create a birthday card.  I haven't used the image as an inspiration, but this is undeniably a birthday card!  It's also CAS, in my opinion so if it doesn't count then at least I know I was most of the way there!



Sorry about the rambling, but I am at the end of my posting spree now you'll be pleased to know :)  Hopefully I'll be back soon, and a little bit more spread out, with some more creations ;)

Thank you for sticking with me! ;)










Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Art Deco Border Builders, Chevron & Arrows
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! - Ebony, Apple Red, Mandarin Orange, Flourescent Yellow, Flourescent Green, Pastel
                     Blue, Grape, Pastel Purple e/p

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! A brilliant, Sian-flair-and-style take on the sketch! You've totally rocked it with your unique approach! Your Stamplorations stamps are awesome! I'm so enjoying their challenges, and one of these fine days, hope to have a set (or several) join my collection. You've showcased the Art Deco cubes marvelously; adding them to my wish list. Yes, I love this! Calling winner, winner, my friend! Hope to see you back creating soon, but remember: take care of yourself first! We'll be here waiting, always thrilled to see what you'll be delighting us with!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - the little pops of rainbow colour are brilliant in amongst the black iron-work! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! You have a wonderfully artistic style and it shows in this bold yet elegant and graphic card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!