Wednesday 12 February 2014

Pink, pink, pink!...

This is my second post today...I would love if you'd have a little peruse of the first one too ;)

Hello, hello!

Get me, two posts in one day!!!  

I have managed to make a card to play along with two of my favourite challenges and a NEW challenge!  The new challenge is The Card Concept.  I'm pretty sure most of you have seen it around, despite the fact it's only into it's third challenge it has a MASSIVE presence already!  Well done guys!  I did mean to play along from the beginning, but we all know what happens to even the best laid plans... but anyway, I made it this time which is kinda strange as the challenge this time around is monochromatic pink.  Now, me and pink, we have a love hate relationship.  I'd love to love it, and it is growing on me, but it's definitely not a go-to colour for me.  That said, this card came to me seemingly out of nowhere whilst sat at my desk trying to make a completely different card!  I'm don't know exactly what that says about my brain, but I am sure that Freud would have had a field day!



Yes, I attacked this card with ink pads!  I thought this was going to be a real QACAS (Quick and Clean and Simple - as coined by the ever so masterful with words Darnell :) ) but it took me an AGE to decide on the sentiment!!!  It was actually ridiculous how long it took.  I went through every single sentiment stamp I own...which in fairness doesn't take that long!  I have seen you guys and your stamp collections and it makes me super jealous!  I can fit every stamp I own into a drawer 10cm x 23cm (about 4" x 8" for those of you over the pond!) I need to work on that, once I've won the lottery!

I had fun making this little chap (chapette as it's all pink?!) and it's as close to a one layer card as I think I'm ever going to get :)

The other challenges that this card is heading off to are;

CAS(E) This Sketch #83

and CAS-ology #82 - BOLD


This is the inspiration image for The Card Concept - I wish I could do that shabby chic thang!  Until then, picking out the different shades of pink will just have to do :)



Thanks for stopping by, especially if it's the second of my posts' you've been subjected to read today! ;)











Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Raspberry Pink
Stamps: Clear Impressions - Wild & Free; Debbi Moore - Congratulations
Ink:        VersaColor - Peony, Magenta, Old Rose; SU! - Classic Black
Other:    None

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, you must be in the love part of the relationship with pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian...this is beautiful! Sometimes clean simple can take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMASHING concept and card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inking Sian. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look you got by "attacking" your card with ink pads LOL!! The assortment of pinks you used are fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty - this card has a lot of dimension! CAS does not mean its simple....

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! Love that you used ink pads to achieve such a great effect. I really love this card and despite your not loving pink...you sure do know how to make a great pink card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and very beautiful! Thought the greeting was another calligraphy from you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Sian, I love both your post and your card! Your post made me laugh (so much rings true with me as well!) and your card, well it is just amazing! Your direct to paper technique is definitely bold, perfect for the sketch. This is a perfect CAS card. So glad you could join us for this challenge at The Card Concept and hope you share with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mm-mmm, love your QACAS and almost-OLC, Sian!! People pay a lot of money for those slash stamps that you just achieved with your ink pads! Go you!! I think you should enter this in the current CASology challenge where the word is BOLD!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, you nailed it here! this is fantastic and stunning and love the feather stamped in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you go! You've made a most excellent choice of sentiment (we appear to share a similar affliction: minimal stamp selection. I, too, need that lottery win...) and your ink pad swooshing is soooo striking. Such a technique still hasn't entered my repertoire...so behind the trends (even the basic ones have eclipsed me). One fabulous, lovely, day-brightening card, my friend. LOVE it!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally with you on the love hate with pink. It's not my go to color either. I'm so glad you were finally able to join us this week. Hopefully you'll be able to play along often. Super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the swipes of color--great one layer card and perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you combine colors...even pink! ;) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowsers what a clever card! Shaz in Oz.x PS yes know what you mean about others stamps .. but as stamping since about 1990 have few more than you.. but am on a buying ban with them ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the swiped inks and the font of the sentiment compliments those feathers perfectly! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the pink swooshes behind those pretty bold feathers...and your sentiment choice is perfect! (Even though it took a while...I know, I've been there, too!) So glad you did join us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!